Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Where Do I Start ?

Where do I start on my journey to learn to play the piano . I this is a question I asked time and time again . I also asked many different piano players who were very skilled players but to no avail . They either gave me a bunch of unusable information like they really didn't intend help me in the first place , or they would really wholeheartedly attempt to tell me what I needed to know to get as good as they were . But I eventually realized that most of the people who make the journey and some how become great piano or keyboard players are not able to convey even basically the path they took to get there . Well , how is one two know what steps to take from beginner piano to being a virtuoso pianist ( someone who can blaze on the keys ) ?
Well i'm glad you asked . There is really only one way that I know of . Some one has to take the journey , and then successfully make the journey then they must document or map out the course so that others that
come after can enjoy similar or greater success . Well your in luck ! I know a guy who in fact has taken the journey successfully and knows the way . His " YouTube " channel is ............. www.youtube.com/user/SMHMusicChannel
As a matter of fact I know this man quite well . Drum roll , He is the author of this blog , yours truly
Steve Lamount Harrold . Pianist , Organist  , Trumpeter and Vocalist and  Piano teacher among other things
that I happen to do well . I post free piano lessons monthly on my channel . So if your serious about making this journey go to my channel and subscribe . Lol that was a short commercial break . Any way back to ,     " where do i start " ? Now let me say first of all , this is the path that I took . There or probably are many other ways to get there but I can only tell you what worked for me . Now that I have pre-qualified what i'm about to say now here it goes .
1. learn all the notes on the piano or keyboard by memory ( Don't ever use stickers it will only handicap you and slow you down ) .
2 . learn by sight recognition the interval of a half step and the interval of a whole step on the piano
3 . Then learn to play basic chords built the from the major scale
4 . Then learn all your major chords then all your minor chords
5 . next learn the chord system in the key of C
 now if I have got your attention and your serious and you want the rest of the journey , i need you to do 2 things : Go to my channel and subscribe then leave me this comment " whats the rest of the journey "? I will share this with only people who really want the info . And if you go through the trouble of the last 2 steps then I know I'm not wasting my time .
Oh ' heres a hint , I have free lessons posted on my YouTube Channel for steps 1 - 5    at ...........

                                            www.youtube.com/user/SMHMusicChannel


                  

No comments:

Post a Comment